Monday, April 7, 2008

Yard work

I spent this Sunday cleaning the yard. Spring is taking over and with the rain in Seattle that means you have to be quick to stay in control of your garden. Kathelijne is increasingly of the opinion that afternoon naps are for babies and not for two year olds. So she decided to help me clear out the ivy that was covering most of our non-grass area. Pulling weeds is heavy work, so after a while she went to the playhouse in the back of our yard. This meant a lot of walking up and down for me as she can't open the door by herself yet, but insists on closing it each time she goes inside the little house.
I noticed a nice flower and got my camera to take some pictures. Kathelijne thought it was very funny to see Dad lying in the grass in front of this flower and started climbing all over me. The picture of the flower turned out OK under the circumstances. I'm surpised that she did not rip the flower right out of the grass; I would probably have done so when I was a little kid. But then, as an engineer I like to take things apart...
Anyway, we had a lot of fun together. Spring is a nice time in Seattle when all the shades of grey make place for sunny days.

No comments: